Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our healthy little 2 year old

Colin had his 2 year old check up Friday and as we knew of course, our little guy is healthy as can be. He is still a bit on the small side (30th percentile) but being small at birth, he has consistently been in that range from day 1 so this I am told is absolutely normal. We were told he is doing excellently with his verbal and social skills and our pediatrician was blown away that in his 24 months, he has only been sick one time and has never had any ear infections, rashes or any other ailments whatsoever. It made me feel good knowing that we have gone with our heart on postponing sugar, spreading out vaccines and putting off consumption of any type of meat. We will never know 100% if this fully attributes to his health, but I believe in my gut it does. All I do know for sure is that he sure is a happy and healthy guy who is smart as a whip and the apple of our eyes!! :)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

It ABSOLUTELY is because of this!!!! Congrats Gina and Morgan for being great parents and not giving in to the "easy" way. Colin will definitely thank you later in life!

Davis5 said...

You have re-inspired me to stay true to my intuition regarding all of those things - vaccines, diet, etc. - with my third. It is SO worth it. You're such a good mom Gina, Colin is a lucky boy, and so is his soon-to-be-brother! Love, Mel

PS thanks for the intel on the cupcake tree!