Thursday, May 16, 2013

SIX!

I am baffled at how I have a 6 year old. It just goes faster and faster each year I swear. And as much as I miss the 'baby' in him, there is something really fun about how Colin interacts with the world at six.

This year, he was very firm in his request to have a party at "Pump it Up" - a local bouncy/slide house party destination. We took it a step further by choosing the glow in the dark parkage, and all 16 children had a total blast. It was bizarre for me to hand over my party planning duties, but I enjoyed the luxory of visiting with the other adults and enjoying the smiles on his friends' faces without distractions of preparation. It was the first year he invited kids from his class, and watching him have so much fun was pure bliss. We followed the party up with a family gathering back at our house and all in all it was a great day!



No comments: