Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 years of love...

Dear my sweet Colin,

Three years ago, you entered our life and changed our world. I remember like it was yesterday, my long labor to bring you into the world... You took your time, and then in an instant, my heart was different.  Better...full...complete.  Now three years later, you are a curious, sweet, independent and very verbal little boy. You have endless energy and love to play hard. You have two very distinct sides to you... one that loves to go, go, go from the time you wake up and announce "mommy, daddy, I slept till it's 7", and another side that is the gentle, cuddly child who loves to read books, sit, play and hum, and lately ask a lot, "hold me". Your cuddles are the best and when you insist on a kiss...and hug...and squeeze, my heart melts. Last night, I put Logan down for bed a bit early, and was able to then put you to bed...something that typically doesn't happen. You had me laughing like crazy with your hilarious little comments. We were reading one of your new books, and you were quick to let me know that certain animals you liked and others, you didn't like. You are opinionated and strong...and I love that about you.

You are so very sweet with your brother and although you love to rough house with him, you have a soft side.  Your compassion is deep and if he or anyone gets hurt, the sadness is all over your face. You have been known to burst into tears if Logan begins to cry. You are a sensitive soul and I'm so thankful you are.

We celebrated your birthday this past weekend and you loved every second. Then last night, you and I made blueberry muffins to take to your class today. You were so proud and eager to share them with your friends. When we got to school, Ms. Tori had balloons and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLIN sign in your honor. When she told you "Happy Birthday", you beamed and instinctually said, "Thank you Ms. Tori!" Then you so graciously handed a muffin to each classmate and sat at the head of the table beaming. You are a leader and are very confident... my heart is so proud of you.

Colin, you make my life so rich and while you absolutely exhaust me with your jumping and running and curiosity, I woudn't have it any other way.  I adore you... and no words will ever describe my attachment to you or express the overwhelming love you bring to my life.

Happy 3rd birthday my sweet boy...

Love, Mama

No comments: