Monday, October 11, 2010

Jr Sports

Last week while I was in New Jersey, Colin began his 8 week intro to sports program. Morgan told me all about the 50 minute session, detailing how adorable the kids were as they introduced themselves ("I'm Colin and I had banana, vitamins, water, milk, muffin, cereal for breakfast"), stretched, and learned a thing or two about flag football. This past Saturday I was able to take it all in myself, and just grinned non-stop at the cuteness! The next weeks will be filled with soccer, T ball and track and field. And it seems, the next many YEARS will include this Saturday morning ritual. What a fun way to spend Saturday mornings! And although never in sports myself, I kinda like the idea of being a soccer mom ;)

STRETCHING!


Logan taking it all in & wanting to be a part of it all...

1 comment:

Davis5 said...

So cute! Welcome to the ranks of soccer-mom-hood! (It's funny I just posted something on my blog about soccer too!)

Being a soccer mom has its ups and downs. I have put in a lot of time under umbrellas and in soggy rain boots on the soccer sidelines, carting muddy boys all over town - and while sometimes I'd rather be curled up with my coffee on Saturday mornings, I wouldn't trade it. I have learned to LOVE kids' sports. I love the triumphant sweaty faces running toward me after a game, the little thrill when someone scores a goal or makes a basket, and even the lessons that come with not making a goal. Sports have taught my children resilience and the interdependencies of teamwork like nothing else.