Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blessings...

Here I sit on New Years Eve day and I am reflecting on QUITE the year we had... a new baby, a new house, a new job... lots of change. And through it all, we have done remarkably well in adjusting. Yes, it has been trying at times, but I think our family recognizes how lucky we are to have each other and to be each others family. Closing out a year brings lots of thought and reflection, and also brings promise for more beauty to come. It is a time where you really are forced to pay attention to the things that count, and not sweat the small stuff. This is a lesson the O'Bryant family has vowed to keep close and work better at in 2010. It is so easy to get hung up on details or get frustrated over little things. Just this morning, I was feeling so sleep deprived and frustrated with the lack of sleep I am regularly getting. And then I took a moment to look at my precious babe- a baby that is pure sweetness and laughter and one who by most standards is among the happiest, smiliest babies out there. SO, he doesn't sleep the greatest at night. I am choosing to focus on the fact that he is only little and will need me this way once... I am blessed to be able to nurse him and have time with him in the darkness of his nursery... so this I will focus on. Sleep will come... later :)

I am so excited for what life will bring in 2010... mostly because of my beautiful babies!!

2 comments:

a boxer and a baby said...

Happy new year!! Congratulations on the new job... sounds like a perfect balance!

Hang in there with the sleep... I wish I had some advice. I think I finally just gave up and have figured out how to function w/o it. They will sleep someday... they have to right?!

Amy and Jeremy said...

Great outlook, G!! I agree...they are only little once so enjoying every moment (even the sleepless ones) is the best way to hold on to their sweetness and make it last!
Sorry I missed your call today...we will catch up this week!

xoxoxox Happy New Year!