Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday

My sweet Colin,
Today marks one year that you have been in this world, and in our lives. It is blowing my mind that this time last year, I had just given birth to you and that is when my amazement began. And it continues to grow and grow and grow. You are one year old today and the best thing to have ever happened to me by far.

We celebrated your birthday at the park with many friends and family to share in the miracle of you. You were a good boy, enjoying all the people and winnie the pooh decorations. You were passed from one person to the next fairly easily and only got upset when I was in your line of sight- you really have become a mama's boy! :) You received so many beautiful gifts and will be styled out in all the cute clothes! We had lots of yummy food to eat and most importantly, we had TWO cakes for you- a normal unhealthy kind for adults, and for you: a natural sugar-free, tofu ingredient cake that was made with love by Dani! It looked so pretty! You had fun digging into the cream cheese frosting (sugar-free! :)) and chewing the cake. You were very pensive as you decided how to get the cake into your mouth... you were clean, almost too clean! :)

Happy Birthday my precious sweet pea. You will never know how much I love you and thank the lucky stars you are mine.

Love,
Your mama

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! And happy Birthing Day to you too. Enjoy. What a great letter.