Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Say CHEESE!

Every day it seems we see new aspects of our little Colin's personality. It is very obvious how independent he is and that he has many sides to him...sweetness, softness, humor, fun and a rebellious and strong willed side too! Lately, he has become very concentrated in "throwing" his toys with force. I mean, he will grunt/growl when he does it as to show how important his task is. He also will grab my cheeks and almost grit his teeth as he does it. It is so funny but we try to not laugh and just say "gentle, nice mommy". Of course that is usually followed with another grasp! And, one of my personal favorite new tricks is how he poses for pictures. He crinkles his nose and eyes and smiles so hard, it is just hysterical as evidenced by this picture!

1 comment:

a boxer and a baby said...

Hi!

What a cutie!! Tam has shared a few pictures here or there but I haven't seen any since he was a tiny peanut. He is amazing... congratualations!

I wish I had some good advice about the sleep thing... I hear you on the not getting good sleep in the family bed. It worked really well when she was tiny, but I found we all slept better on our own once she was more mobile (but I loved bringing her into bed in the early morning for a couple hours of good snuggle/nurse time... and we still do that for about 30 minutes every morning).

Honestly, she started sleeping through the night when I got pregnant and was so exhausted that I could not physically get up anymore. She was ready for it and it wasn't much of a struggle... just a few minutes of fussing/crying if she woke up during the night. I would let her do it until I couldn't take it anymore (5 minutes) and then would force myself to count to 500. She was almost always back to sleep before I got to 200. If not or if she sounded scared or in pain, Andrew would go and help her get back to sleep. There you have it for what it's worth... hope it helps a little!

I'm excited to see more of your little guy!

Have a great weekend,
Courtney